Strada Provinciale 49, 36 - 53043 Chiusi (SI)
From 1st June to 16th October, 15:00 - 16:30 From 17th October to 31st May, 11:00 - 16:00
How to access
Opening by request in the office of the Chiusi Cathedral Museum
Tel: +39 0578 226975
The real cemetery of the Christian community of Clusium is represented by the catacombs of St. Mustiola where the martyr with the same name was buried in an undetermined era, and where a shrine grew up that was located above ground and distinguished in 1784.
This catacomb, which came to light by chance in 1663, is fairly well developed and organized around two main galleries that are very rich in epigraph material including an interesting epitaph of a bishop, Lucius Petronius Dexter, which his five children dedicated to him in December 322.
To learn more, buy Le catacombe di Chiusi